Welcome to Five Towns College!
We know that leaving home to study in the United States can be exciting and a bit overwhelming at the same time. We're here to help you in any way we can.
Where is Five Towns College?
Nestled in the rolling hills of Long Island’s North Shore, it’s only an hour away from New York City - the entertainment capital of the world. We are actually located off Exit 50 on the Long Island Expressway. (LIE)
The following materials must be submitted by International Students for acceptance to Five Towns College.
1. Complete the entire application form and submit your undergraduate application fee of $35.00 in U.S. dollars. Graduate application fee is $50.00. (We do not accept foreign currency.)
2. Official or Certified Transcripts, Records, Examinations Results, Certificates, etc., of all
Secondary School and College Courses and Grades. Records must be translated into English by a recognized course and credit evaluation agency and should have an explanation of the grading system as well as the student’s rank in class.
3. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation on Officaial Letterhead.
4. Music and Theatre students must Audtion on Complete the Application process.
5. Proof of Immunization and/or health records that include inoculations of two measles, one mumps, and one rubella.
6. International Students must submit proof of English proficiency. Generally, this is accomplished by the submission of a minimum 70 TOEFL internet score for Undergraduate students and a minimum TOEFL score of 80 for Graduate students. The college will also consider alternatives such as, IELTS score with a minimum band score of 6.5 for Undergraduate students and a minimum band score of 7.0 for Graduates.
7. United States Immigration and Naturalization law requires that you prove you have adequate funding to pay for your educational and living expenses for every year of your program of study. You must provide documents that will convince the Government that you have:
- Immediate funds to pay for your first year of study Five Towns College and
- sufficient and dependable resources to cover every additional year.
8. Submit a copy of your Passport and VISA.
9. Apply for F-1 Student Status.
10. Financial Affidavit.
International students accepted to Five Towns College are eligible to receive a merit scholarship ranging from $1,000 to $9,000 per year. These scholarships will be awarded at the Undergraduate and Graduate level.
An I-20 will be issued after the following conditions have been satisfied:
1. The student has been granted final acceptance to Five Towns College.
2. The College has received a completed International Student Financial Affidavit along with all supporting documents such as bank statements or a complete financial portfolio showing that there are sufficient funds available for the student to complete his/her program of study. (An international student is required to pay the tuition deposit of $500 and a $250 housing deposit if housing is requested). The student will receive a bill requiring full payments by July 1st for the fall semester and January 2nd for the spring semester. *
* The enrollment deposit will be refunded if the College receives a written request at least two weeks prior to the first day of classes of the semester for which the student has applied.
There is no socialized medicine, as in many other countries, and medical care is very expensive in the United States. Therefore, all international students are required to show proof of medical insurance coverage in this country. If you have no medical coverage, you will be required to purchase health insurance from the College’s health insurance plan. The cost of health insurance is approximately $1,500 per year (subject to change). Information and application forms may be obtained from the Bursar’s Office at Five Towns College.
Five Towns College has on-campus dormitories. Additional information regarding this housing option is available from the Five Towns College Department of Residential Life.
Students who are interested in dormitory accommodations should complete an application for housing once accepted as early as possible since space is limited.
New students may check into the dormitory before freshman orientation. Continuing students may check into the dormitory the day before classes are scheduled to resume. Limited space is available during periods when the College is not in session (i.e. during semester breaks or intersession), however, additional fees will apply. Even if you contract to remain in the dormitory between semesters you will be required to vacate the dorm prior to December 24. Until the start of the next semester, which represents approximately 30 days. You should adjust your plans for the Winter Intersession period accordingly.
Note, that this time of the year is a major holiday throughout the United States. Thus, foreign students who plan to travel in the U.S. during this period must make travel plans well in advance. Remember; do not leave the U.S. without written approval from the International Student Advisor.
If you need further assistance, please call or email:
International Student Advisors
Five Towns College
305 North Service Road
Dix Hills, NY 11746